Passenger confidence is key to resume Air Travel. But many of them will be asking, “Will I get sick if I fly?” How do airlines convince passengers that taking a plane is safe in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic? Changing perception will take the involvement of every part of the aeronautics industry: aircraft manufacturers, airports, airlines, cabin manufacturers & MROs (maintenance, repair, overhaul).
Remember this famous slogan?
“Fly the friendly skies.”
It was introduced in 1965, by United Airlines. But with the unprecedented changes happening in the airline industry it seems more than just a faint memory. COVID-19 has impacted the travel both in revenue earned and passenger confidence.
Here are just a couple of the statistics:
- The estimation for 2020 global revenue losses for the passenger business is estimated at $315 billion (IATA)
- Recent (IATA) survey shows that 60% anticipate a return to travel within one to two months of containment of the COVID-19 pandemic but 40% indicate that they could wait six months or more.
There are three main areas that need to be addressed:
Dassault Systèmes offers Solutions to communicate various air-travel-specific precautious measures against the spread of COVID-19 Virus pre-flight, in-flight and post-flight for a safe and sanitary passenger experience. Dassault Systèmes propose to leverage its scientific workforce to offer a turnkey solution for airlines including:
- Simulating spread of virus in a cabin (cabin passenger layout, services procedures, etc.)
- Passenger flow simulation (impact on waiting times and resources due to new procedures like security checks, passport control & customs clearance)
- High rendering visuals (illustrate safety rules procedures & overall airlines safety concerns and policy)
It isn’t going to be enough just to say air travel is safe again. It’s going to have to be shown. That’s where 3DEXCITE can be best leveraged – fostering confidence with effective communication/visuals. Marketing safety is now of utmost importance. It is imperative that all actions taken by the airport to keep a passenger safe, is communicated in an appealing manner. Employing Virtual Twin AR and VR technology, the airport can communicate in a simple and enjoyable way all initiatives keeping a safe and healthy environment for its passengers.
Here’s how 3DEXCITE can help and add value:
- Showcase smart solutions that induce confidence in flying public
- Leverage 3D visualization & eliminate the need for real photo shoots and costly film sets.
- Content can be quickly adapted and personalized to a wide range of marketing assets for an ever-increasing number of digital channels and devices.
- Create storytelling to take the passengers on a VR journey to discover and explore your airport initiatives
- Run more efficient marketing campaign and leverage ARNR technologies.
Read more about how Dassault Systèmes is helping the aerospace industry during the pandemic: