Dassault Systemes 3DExcite GmbH, a German corporate entity registered under the HRB 216329 at Amtsgericht München, located St.-Martin-Straße 82, 81541 Munich, GERMANY, (hereinafter “3DEXCITE”) processes Personal Data (as defined below) in the course of its business, including the Personal Data of people browsing the websites of 3DEXCITE (the “Sites”).
Personal data (“Personal Data”) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. An identifiable person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to the person. Non-Personal Data means any information that does not result in the identification of a person.
2. Data collected
Visitors are individuals who visit the Sites without registering themselves. Their Personal Data likely includes:
- IP and/or MAC address
- Cookies (as described in section 10)
- And any other Personal Data as may be relevant for the purposes listed below.
Personal Data collected (including from those who visit Sites and enter information) for the purposes listed below likely includes:
- first and last name
- postal address
- email address
- telephone number(s)
- login and password
- university, degree and courses taken
- type of organization (company, school, university, etc.), organization name, organization size, department and job title
- industry and industry sub-industry sectors
- people to whom purchases are shipped
- financial data (credit card number and expiry date,
- name and address of the cardholder)
- IP and/or MAC address
- Cookies (as described in section 10) and
- any other Personal Data as may be relevant for the purposes listed below.
In all cases, however, the Personal Data gathered is limited to data necessary for the purposes described in Article 4 below.
For visitors and users of the Sites: in order to use certain functions and features of the Site, 3DEXCITE requires that You provide certain Personal Data when visiting or using the Site. You are free to decide whether or not to provide all or part of Your Personal Data. However, if You choose not to provide all or part of this Personal Data, the purposes as described in Article 4 hereafter might not be achieved or not properly achieved, some areas and functions of the Sites may not function properly and/or You may be refused access to certain pages on the Site. In particular, You will not be authorized to purchase software licenses or other products or services via the Site.
3. Protection of personal data concerning children
3DEXCITE products and services are not designed to be marketed to children who are considered as minor under the applicable data protection law and 3DEXCITE does not knowingly collect or store Personal Data from children under such age. For children whose usual place of residence is in the European Union, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland, the default age at which a person is no longer considered a child is 16 subject to local law to adjust that limit between 13 and 16.
Certain 3DEXCITE products and services may be appropriate for use by children, however, in which case children below the age of consent under local data protection laws must seek consent from their parents or guardians prior to creating a 3DEXCITE account or registering a product. Teachers and school administrators may act in the place of parents and guardians and provide consent for the collection of Personal Data from children (schools should always ensure that they have received permission from parents or guardians to do so).
If parents or guardians become aware that their child has provided 3DEXCITE with Personal Data without their consent or without a teachers or school administrator consent, they can ask 3DEXCITE to remove such Personal Data and terminate the child’s account by sending an email to 3DExcite.Digital@3ds.com.
If 3DEXCITE becomes aware that it has collected Personal Data from a child below the age of consent under local data protection laws without consent from a parent or guardian, 3DEXCITE will take steps to seek the parent’s or guardian’s consent for that processing or to remove such Personal Data and terminate the child’s account.
4. Purposes and legal grounds for processing personal data
Whether You are a visitor or a user, 3DEXCITE collects Your Personal Data for the following legal grounds and for the following purposes:
Processing activities based on Your consent:
- To improve Your user experience
- To recognize that You have given a Personal Data so You don’t need to do it for every web page requested
Processing activities based on 3DEXCITE’s legitimate interest:
- To enable 3DEXCITE to manage surveys.
In addition, when You are a user, 3DEXCITE collects Your Personal Data on the following legal grounds and for the following purposes:
Processing activities based on Your prior consent:
- To enable You to request and receive information on 3DEXCITE and 3DEXCITE products and services from 3DEXCITE or a third party engaged by 3DEXCITE
- To ascertain Your requirements and interests and provide You with the most suitable products and/or services
- To enable 3DEXCITE to manage its marketing activities
- To enable You to register for a seminar, webinar, or event
- To enable You to enter a contest
- To enable You to create a user profile (“3DPassport”). 3DEXCITE provides You with the possibility of using its Sites (including forums, blogs, and networks), and 3DEXCITE products and services that require You to register and create a 3DPassport. User profiles provide the option to display personal information about You to other users, including but not limited to Your name, photo, social media accounts, postal or email address, or both, telephone number, personal interests, skills, and basic information about Your company. These profiles may relate to a single Site or may also allow You to access 3DEXCITE products and services, or both.
3DEXCITE may provide a hashed user ID to third party operated social networks or other web offerings (such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, or Google) where this information is matched against the social networks’ data own data bases in order to display to You more relevant information.
Processing based on 3DEXCITE’s legitimate interest:
- To enable 3DEXCITE to manage its marketing activities for similar goods and products if You are already using 3DEXCITE products and services
- To manage the 3DEXCITE obligations related to applicable export laws, trade sanctions, and embargoes issued, without limitation, by the European Union and its member states, and of the United States of America. This may include (i) automated checks of any user registration data as set out herein and other information You provide about Your identity against applicable sanctioned-party lists; (ii) regular repetition of such checks whenever a sanctioned-party list is updated or when You update Your information; (iii) blocking of access to 3DEXCITE services and systems in case of a potential match; and (iv) contacting You to confirm Your identity in case of a potential match
- To manage the 3DEXCITE License Compliance program.
Processing based on the performance of a contract:
- To provide You with a personalized interactive use of the Sites
- To allow You to open and maintain an account in order to obtain specialized documentation and technical assistance
- To access all the features and options offered by the Sites
- To enable You to exchange with other users of the Sites
- To enable 3DEXCITE to manage its business relationships, including sales opportunities, commercial offers, purchasing, contracts, orders, invoices, which may include conversational data triggered via chat functionalities on the Sites, contact forms, emails, and voice messaging data
- To provide You with commercial or support-type services
- To enable You to purchase software licenses, or products or services, download software and/or register software licenses and
- To manage Your training and/or certification on 3DEXCITE products and services. 3DEXCITE may also track users’ learning progress in order to make this information available to them.
Generally, when consent is not required, You cannot opt out of non-marketing related communications that are required for the relevant business relationship. With regard to marketing-related communications (e.g., emails and phone calls), 3DEXCITE will (i) where legally required, only send You such communications after You have opted in, and (ii) provide You the opportunity to opt out of receiving further marketing-related communications from 3DEXCITE.
When You register for an event organized by 3DEXCITE, 3DEXCITE may share Your name, company, and email address with other participants and sponsors of the same event for the purpose of communication and the exchange of ideas. In addition, 3DEXCITE may ask You for information about Your health for the sole purpose of identifying and being considerate of individuals who have disabilities or special dietary requirements throughout the event.
Subject to applicable local law, by providing Personal Data such as but not limited to e-mail address, You hereby expressly authorize 3DEXCITE and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“3DEXCITE Group Companies”) to use it together with other relevant Personal Data to send You commercial or marketing communications. 3DEXCITE might also use Your email address for administrative or other non-marketing purposes (for example, to notify You of significant changes to the Sites). Within the Anti-Piracy and Compliance program, Group Companies may collect and use Your Personal Data together with additional relevant Personal Data collected through other processing activities.
5. Personal data retention period
3DEXCITE does not store Your Personal Data for more time than necessary. Retention periods may vary depending on the data categories and the processing activities.
Where 3DEXCITE is processing and using Your Personal Data as permitted by law or under Your consent, 3DEXCITE will store Your Personal Data (i) only as long as required to fulfill the purposes set out above, (ii) where 3DEXCITE has a legitimate interest in using Your Personal Data, until You object to 3DEXCITE’s use of Your Personal Data, or (iii) where You gave Your consent, until You withdraw it. However, where 3DEXCITE is required by applicable law to retain Your Personal Data longer or where Your Personal Data is required to assert or defend against legal claims, 3DEXCITE will retain Your Personal Data until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled
6. Transfer of personal data
Please note that 3DEXCITE may transfer Your Personal Data outside of the European Union, as long as before transferring Your Personal Data, 3DEXCITE has ascertained that non-European Union entities, including 3DEXCITE Group Companies, offer an adequate level of protection in accordance with European legislation. 3DEXCITE Group Companies’ location is available at https://www.3ds.com/about-3ds/world-presence/.
7. Right access, to rectification and other rights
You have a right to access Your Personal Data. In addition, You have a right to request the rectification, completion, update or erasure of Your Personal Data. You have a right to restrict processing. You also have a right to obtain a copy of Your Personal Data stored by 3DEXCITE. You have a right to object, in relation to specific processing of Your Personal Data. Additionally, You may have a right to data portability.
If You have an account, You can exercise Your rights by logging on to Your account. Otherwise, You may exercise Your rights by sending an email to: 3DExcite.Digital@3ds.com.
Depending on the scope of the request, 3DEXCITE reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover any out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with such access, modification and deletion of Personal Data. 3DEXCITE may deny access to Personal Data in limited circumstances, defined by applicable laws and regulations.
8. Data recipients
Additionally, 3DEXCITE may share Your personal Data with the reseller assigned to You or in the territory where You are located for the purpose of Dassault Systèmes business. 3DEXCITE may also share Your Personal Data with business partners when 3DEXCITE and the business partner sponsor an event together or participate in a marketing promotion together and in which you engage.
3DEXCITE may also disclose Your Personal Data if required by law or if 3DEXCITE believes in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (for example, a warrant, a subpoena, or other court order) or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of 3DEXCITE, 3DEXCITE’s customers, or the public. If allowed by applicable law, 3DEXCITE may also share Your Personal Data with third parties in order to offer You targeted marketing or advertising.
9. Data security
3DEXCITE undertakes to ensure the protection and security of Personal Data that You choose to communicate, in order to ensure the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and prevent Your Personal Data from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or disclosed to unauthorized parties.
3DEXCITE maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. As part of those safeguards, 3DEXCITE employs sophisticated technology designed to protect Personal Data during its transmission and prevent transmission errors or unauthorized acts of third parties. However, while 3DEXCITE strives to protect Your Personal Data, in light of the inevitable risks of data transmission over the internet, 3DEXCITE cannot guarantee full protection against any error occurring during the course of Personal Data transmission which is beyond 3DEXCITE’ reasonable control.
Since all Personal Data is confidential, access is limited to employees, contractors and agents of 3DEXCITE or 3DEXCITE Group Companies who have a need to know such data in carrying out their tasks. All the people who have access to Your Personal Data are bound by a duty of confidentiality and subject to disciplinary actions and/or other sanctions if they fail to meet these obligations.
However, it is important for You to exercise caution to prevent unauthorized access to Your Personal Data. You are responsible for the confidentiality of Your password and information appearing on Your account. Consequently, You must ensure that You log out of Your session in the event of shared use of a computer.
To view the list of cookies 3DEXCITE uses and their purpose, follow the link below:
Improve Your user experience through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognize Your device so You don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognizing that You may already have given a username and password so You don’t need to do so for every web page requested;
analyze traffic and data on the Sites to:
- measure how many people are using the Sites, so the Sites can be made easier to use and navigate and to make sure there is enough capacity to ensure the Sites have adequate response times
- help 3DEXCITE understand how users interact with the Sites so 3DEXCITE can improve their functionality and performance.
3DEXCITE may also use third party services (such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Piwik, DART, LinkedIn) to perform services on its behalf, in particular to:
- analyze Your browsing habits and measure the Sites audience,
- analyze Your interests and offer You targeted marketing or advertising,
- allow You to share content from the services with other people on social networks or to let these other people know what You are looking at or what You think (e.g., the “Like” button on Facebook)
In such a case, cookies provided by such third party vendors may be used and stored. By transmitting the information generated by these cookies, the cookies’ settings ensure that an IP address is anonymized before geo-localization and before storage. Our providers will use this information for the evaluation of Your use of the Sites, compiling reports on the Sites activity for 3DEXCITE, to propose better services to You that are suited to Your needs, and display advertisements You that are suited to Your needs. Cookies will not associate Your IP address with any other data they hold.
11. Links to websites not controlled by 3DEXCITE or its subsidiaries
The Sites might offer links to third party websites that may be of interest to You
3DEXCITE does not exercise any control over the content of third party websites or the practices of these third parties in connection with the protection of Personal Data that they might collect and are thus not in the control of 3DEXCITE. Consequently, 3DEXCITE shall have no liability for the content of third party websites or the practices of these third parties concerning the protection of Personal Data.
It is therefore Your responsibility to inform yourself of the privacy policies of these third party websites.
12. Dispute resolution
Although 3DEXCITE has put in place reasonable safeguards to protect Personal Data, 3DEXCITE recognizes that there is no method of transmitting or storing Personal Data that is completely secure.
However, 3DEXCITE is committed to ensure the privacy of Personal Data: if You have a reason to believe that the security of Your Personal Data has been compromised or misused, You should contact 3DEXCITE via the following address: 3DExcite.Digital@3ds.com.
Please note that You may also contact 3DS Data Protection Officer via the following address: 3DS.Compliance-Privacy@3ds.com
15. Country Specific Addenda
1. Information 3DEXCITE Collects
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
The categories of Personal Information set forth above are obtained from the following categories of sources:
- Directly or indirectly from our customers or their agents. For example, from documents that our customers provide to 3DEXCITE related to the access and use of 3DEXCITE products and/or services.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our Sites. For example, from submissions through our Sites or website usage details collected automatically.Directly and indirectly from activity on our Sites. For example, from submissions through our Sites or website usage details collected automatically.
- From third parties that interact with 3DEXCITE in connection with products 3DEXCITE provides or the services 3DEXCITE perform.
2. Use of Personal Information
3DEXCITE will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information 3DEXCITE collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing You notice.
3. Sharing Personal Information
3DEXCITE discloses Your Identifiers for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- 3DEXCITE Group Companies.
- 3DEXCITE Service providers.
- Third parties to whom You or Your agents authorize 3DEXCITE to disclose Your Personal Information in connection with products or services 3DEXCITE provides to You or Your agents.
3DEXCITE does not sell Personal Information.
4. Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides You with specific rights regarding Your Personal Information. This section describes Your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that 3DEXCITE discloses to You certain information about 3DEXCITE’s collection and use of Your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once 3DEXCITE receives and confirms Your verifiable consumer request, as defined by the CCPA, 3DEXCITE will disclose to You:
- The categories of Personal Information 3DEXCITE collected about You;
- The categories of sources for Your collected Personal Information;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, or sharing Your Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom 3DEXCITE shares Your Personal information, if any;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information 3DEXCITE collected about You.
- If 3DEXCITE disclosed Your Personal Information for a business purpose, a separate list disclosing: Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that 3DEXCITE deletes any of Your Personal Information that 3DEXCITE collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once 3DEXCITE receives and confirms Your verifiable consumer request, 3DEXCITE will delete (and direct 3DEXCITE service providers to delete) Your Personal Information from 3DEXCITE records, unless an exception applies.
3DEXCITE may deny Your deletion request if retaining Your Personal Information is necessary for it or its service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which 3DEXCITE collected Your Personal Information, provide a product or service that You requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with You, or otherwise perform a contract with You.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Provide You with support services related to 3DEXCITE products.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his/her free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if You previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on Your relationship with 3DEXCITE .
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which You provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to 3DEXCITE by either:
- Calling 3DEXCITE at +49 89 200 275 0
- submitting the request via the following email address: 3DExcite.Digital@3ds.com
Only You or a person or a business entity registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California that You authorize to act on Your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to Your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of Your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows 3DEXCITE to reasonably verify You are the person about whom 3DEXCITE collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe Your request with sufficient detail that allows 3DEXCITE to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
3DEXCITE cannot respond to Your request if 3DEXCITE cannot verify Your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to You. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require You to create an account with us. 3DEXCITE will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- Response Timing and Format
3DEXCITE endeavors to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If 3DEXCITE requires more time (up to 90 days), 3DEXCITE will inform You of the reason and extension period in writing. 3DEXCITE will deliver its written response by mail or electronically, at Your option. Any disclosures 3DEXCITE provides will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt and/or explain the reasons 3DEXCITE cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, 3DEXCITE will select a format to provide Your personal information that is readily useable and should allow You to transmit Your Personal Information from 3DEXCITE to another entity without hindrance.
3DEXCITE does not charge a fee to process or respond to Your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If 3DEXCITE determines that the request warrants a fee, 3DEXCITE will tell You why 3DEXCITE made that decision and provides You with a cost estimate before completing Your request.
3DEXCITE will not discriminate against You for exercising any of Your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, 3DEXCITE will not:
- Deny You products or services;
- Charge You or suggest You may receive different prices or rates for products or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide You or suggest You may receive a different level or quality of products or services (or suggest so).
6. Contact Information
Dassault Systemes 3DExcite GmbH
Tel.: +49 89 200 275 0
Or by contacting the 3DEXCITE Data Protection Officer via the following email address: 3DExcite.Digital@3ds.com
1. Purpose of using Personal Information
- Provision of information on 3DEXCITE products and services via telephone, email, postal mail, etc.
- Provision of information on events and seminars organized by 3DEXCITE or in which 3DEXCITE is participating and mailing invitations as well as distribution of related documentation.
- Analysis of Your needs for products, services, wishes etc.
- Provision of Your Personal Information to third parties such as 3DEXCITE seminar sponsors, distributors and other business partners.
- Any and other purposes of use included in the above range.
2. Additional Information related to Your Personal Information Processed by 3DEXCITE
(A) Names of the Companies processing Your Personal Information
The following companies will process Your Personal Information for the purposes listed below:
Dassault Systèmes 3DEXCITE GmbH
Dassault Systèmes S.E.
Dassault Systèmes K.K.
(B) Your rights
With regard to Your rights to request disclosure of purpose of use, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use / erasure, stop of third party provision regarding Personal Information held, You may either contact 3DEXCITE by using this email address: 3DExcite.Digital@3ds.com
Dassault Systemes 3DExcite GmbH
Tel.: +49 89 200 275 0
Last modification: September 24th 2020.