• Direct development resources to build software systems and tools that support production efficiency.
• Collaborate with Senior Leadership and Production Teams to prioritize development goals.
• Work with Program Management to track development progress while setting expectations
• Promote a positive, productive, and open work environment.
• Develop thorough understanding of existing pipeline tools and processes.
• Work with department representatives to develop tools, techniques and workflows required to achieve specific project goals; integrate these solutions into the broader pipeline where possible
• Strive to continually improve pipeline development and organizational standards.
• Ensure that pipeline projects match required standards of functionality, documentation, and communication.
• Research and advocate for the adoption of innovative new techniques, commercial or open-source tools and libraries, standards, and best-practices to help maintain industry relevance and the highest possible quality and efficiency
• Contribute to and maintain pipeline documentation, examples and training materials, conducting and recording live training where needed
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Must possess an expert knowledge of CG production methodologies, workflows, trends and best-practices.
• Track record for planning, implementing and running production pipelines.
• Demonstrated experience leading teams.
• Familiarity with modern industry standard tools (Maya, Houdini, Katana, Arnold, Nuke, Shotgun etc.) as well as knowledge various disciplines and workflows involved in configurable CGI production at scale.
• Experience with the following software packages is required: Shotgun, Nuke and Maya (DeltaGEN is a plus)
• Able to direct development resources to build software systems and tools to support production.
• Will ensure strong source code management and software release best practices
• Strong programming skills. Proficiency in Python is required. (C++ is a plus)
• Knowledge of render farm management systems (Deadline highly desired)
• Ability to collaborate with Senior Leadership and Production Teams to prioritize development goals.
• 4+ years' experience in one of more of the following: CGI production, Rendering, Compositing, Retouching, Pipeline Development, Workflow, Process, Tools, Leadership, Cross-functional collaboration
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.
3DEXCITE is the leading, one-stop-provider of high-end software, consulting and creative services in professional 3D visualization. The company opens up creative freedom to deliver emotional assets for digital, interactive marketing and sales experiences. From consulting, through workflow, to final visualization assets, 3DEXCITE transforms engineering data into powerful visual experiences, which we call engineered excitement, and acts as strategic partner to its customer base in the automotive, aerospace and consumer goods industries. In 2014, the company was acquired by Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company and world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions. We currently employ 750 staff at 15 offices worldwide.
Have a look at some of our products in our showreel.
Join us and take on new challenges in your career; we are looking for exceptionally talented technical and creative professionals, who strive for innovation in cutting-edge real-time technology and 3D visualisation. Interested? Send us your application documents and if mandatory for the position your work examples under specification of your earliest starting date as well as your salary expectations to:
400 West Fourth Street
USA - 48067 Royal Oak, MI
Tel +1 248 544 4022
Fax +1 248 415 0842